We are extremely proud of our clean ingredient standards.
In an industry ridden with toxic ingredients and shady regulation (see below), all of our products are naturally derived, vegan, toxin free, alcohol free*, non-GMO and, of course, cruelty free.
We strictly prohibit synthetic fragrances, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, dyes and aldehydes in all of our formulas.
Why this matters:
- U.S. cosmetic regulations have not been updated since 1938.
- Today, the E.U. bans over 1,300+ harmful chemicals from use in personal care products. The U.S. bans only 30.
- Due to a loophole in labeling laws, personal care brands can hide known toxins in their ingredient lists using the word "fragrance"*. A law originally intended to help protect proprietary fragrance blends in the 1960's - think rose petals, lavender, citrus - is now used to hide toxic synthetic ingredients that have been linked to chronic disease.
- The alcohol used as the base of most fragrance products is "denatured", meaning it's been made undrinkable by poisonous chemicals so that fragrance brands can avoid stringent government regulation.
* Our scents have less than 0.01% cetearyl alcohol, a non-toxic ingredient found in plants like coconut, which we use to help emulsification. Not only is it safe, it's actually great for your skin. By helping retain moisture, this "fatty alcohol" leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
We also use "fragrance" on our packaging, to keep things clean visually, but we have nothing to hide. Every single ingredient used in each "fragrance" is listed here.